Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

Kenny Rogers to Foreigner: How Does that Happen?

Right now I have a Foreigner song stuck in my head. It started out as the Kenny Rogers song "Lady," but around the part where he sings, "Lady, I'm your knight in shining armor and I love you," it turned into, "In my life there's been heartache and pain / I don't know if I can face it again / Can't stop now, I've traveled so far / to change this lonely life!" Yeah! "I wanna know what love is! / I want you to show me / I wanna feel what love is! / I know you can show me."

And because I know the Foreigner song better than the Kenny Rogers song, I just kept going with it. It's so sultry. So emotional. But if you really think about it, oh man, does he REALLY want to know what love is? I guess that depends on your definition of love. I, for one, don't think it's something that you're in, it's something that you do.

This morning Stoker started singing "Yesterday" while we were getting ready and I begged him to stop. He wanted to know why I wanted him to stop and I told him because I didn't want the song to get stuck in my head. That song, "Yesterday," ALWAYS gets stuck in my head. And it's such a ridiculous song to begin with. Most songs are ridiculous, you know. But "Yesterday" is more ridiculous than most. All those silly rhymes, so pathetic I won't even mention them. Great, now the song is stuck in my head.

Other crap that gets stuck in my head: the horsey horsey song ("I like to take a horse and buggy / I like to travel through the town") that I learned in third grade, and the donut song too, ("there's a hole in the donut I can see right through"); the AT&T commerical song ("all around the world," or something), which then turns into, "If you wanna change the world shut your mouth and start this minute," from the Cracker song. Very irritating. I'm sure there are about a million others, but I can't remember them right now. That's a good thing.

5 comments:

Jodie Kash said...

Good lordy, lord. I get songs from TV stuck in me head on an hourly basis. Suddenly, I'm singing or humming and think, "Where the hell did that come from?". And it's the Swifter commercial. When I visit my pals blog, “Tiny Voices in my Head”, I end up singing The Police’s “Voices Inside my Head” for hooouuurrrsss after.

Nicole said...

I know!!! Everytime I watch Futurama, the theme song reminds me of this old primary song, "We are a happy family." And I don't even notice I'm singing it in my head, nor have I realized WHY. Until last night. It all became clear. The song usually strikes soon after watching Futurama. A couple of the notes must be the same as the primary song.

Dani said...

I am laughing my head off! Niks you are hilarious?.

Nicole said...

Danielle. I almost wrote about "I've got some G-U-M on my B-U-M, it's a sorry sight to see, if you know what I mean!" But I didn't think anyone but you would get it. Oh great, now I have that song stuck in my head. If you can even call it a song.

Dani said...

I should try and market that song, it's so catchy - everyone would get it stuck in their heads and want to buy some gum! Now, just have to link it to a particular brand...