Pages

Friday, May 27, 2005

Today and this Weekend

1) I like my post about bachelor parties, so I'm going to make this one short. I want everyone to scroll down after reading this, to be sure to read the bachelor party post, and also the comments. They're very insightful.

2) The power went out at work today at around 11:00. After about 20 minutes you could really feel the building heating up. The generator wasn't even working, so no computers. We were useless. They sent us home. I get paid for all 8 hours. What a deal.

3) I went to the comic book store with my mom this afternoon. She loves Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck comic books, and incidentally, so do I. I bought two graphic novels. One is actually this guy's diary of his trip to France and Morroco. At least I think those are the places. The other one is by some guy named Andy Watson, or something (I don't have them with me). This is my first foray into graphic novels, influenced by
Ward, who wrote about the Sin City movie and graphic novels. I took one of the graphic novels to Stoker, at work, who had to stay for the whole day. Poor boy! The power didn't go out on that side of town.

4) I'm getting my hair trimmed tomorrow because I'm getting married next Friday. One of my coworkers is counting down the days and announces how many are left, loudly, every morning. It's funny. "7 days!" He'll say with a huge grin on his face, rubbing his hands together.

5) Last night Stoker and I drove 1 1/2 hours to Cache Valley to catch the tail-end of his cousin's wedding reception. Afterwards we drove the rest of the way to his parents' home in Richmond. You'll be happy to know that Gouda, the baby goat, is still alive and doing very well. Kelsie has been bottle-feeding her and now Gouda can run and jump like a regular little goat. And Brie, the older baby goat, still loves me. We're going back up there tomorrow so I can spend more quality time with the baby goats (tongue-in-cheek). I love the goats. But I also like to hang out with Stoker's family. Okay, okay, secretly, I really love hanging out with the baby goats.

6) Did I mention that I made dinner for Stoker tonight? As a surprise. It's chicken curry in a crockpot and I found the recipe on the internet. It's not bad. I've made if before. Here's the
recipe:

2 whole chicken breasts, boned
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. dry sherry
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
2 green onions with tops, finely chopped
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
Fluffy rice


Cut chicken into small pieces, place in crockpot. Add all remaining ingredients except rice. Cover and cook on high setting 2 1/2 to 4 hours. Serve over hot rice.

7) So much for short. But this is the end. If you're not going anywhere for the 3-day weekend and are reading this, too bad. Keep your chin up and all. If you are going somewhere, have fun. I'll be prancing in green meadows with the baby goats while pastoral music plays in the background. That may sound lame, but believe me, living in a musical is anything but lame.

Okay. That was lame. My life is not a musical.

No comments: